This is an easy, moist and wonderful apple cake. Great to eat at any time of the day and it is best served with a softly whipped cream or a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. Absolutely delicious. It's one of my very favorite cakes and the recipe is definitely a "keeper".
from: the cookie shop
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar ( I used less )
- 3 large eggs
- 3 to 4 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups) (I used 3 apples)
- 1 cup chopped assorted nuts, such as pecans and walnuts (optional " i didn't use it cuz i didn't have any " )
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; set aside (I don’t have a bunt pan, so I use a large angel food cake pan ).
- Working over a large sheet of parchment paper, sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; gather sifted ingredients into center of sheet; set aside. (I sift everything in a large bowl)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine vegetable oil, sugar, and eggs; mix on high speed until lemon yellow.
- Fold reserved parchment in half lengthwise; with mixer on medium speed, gradually shake in dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Add apples and, if desired, nuts, to batter; mix to combine. Add vanilla, mixing until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 75 to 90 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Invert cake onto rack; turn cake right-side up to cool completely on rack